Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Since its inception over 18 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rigging Artist to join the team on our upcoming productions!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and support interfaces, control mechanisms and tools for production assets.
- Design and implement new tools and techniques for the production.
- Work closely with the animators and modelers to set up character rigs that will maintain a cohesive look during the animation process.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- 2+ years of industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) or equivalent rigging experience with Autodesk Maya.
- Experience rigging a variety of characters and props, including facial animation systems
- Experience with MEL and Python preferred
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement
- Basic modeling skills and ability to understand polygonal mesh flow
- Knowledge of dynamics, animation and/or previs a plus
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio
- Able to legally work in Canada
- Must be a current B.C. resident and work in-house
START DATE: Ongoing/As needed
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Demo Reel and/or Website or email email@example.com.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.