Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Since its inception over 18 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
CG FX ARTIST
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated FX Artist to join our next exciting action CG production.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for helping to develop CG FX for sequences and shot by shot
- Work with Directors, Modeling, Rigging and Lighting Supervisor and Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production
- Take direction and work with the FX Supervisor
- Provide feedback to determine the most efficient technical and creative approach
- Work closely and collaborate ideas with lighting artists, compositors, animators and other members of the production
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-3+ years of experience as in CG FX
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Intermediate understanding of Nuke and Renderman
- Strong knowledge of physical dynamics
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor lesser experienced team members
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, preferably located in B.C.
START DATE: TBA 2017
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Demo Reel and/or Website
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.