Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Since its inception over 18 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
Atomic Cartoons is currently looking for Technical Artists to join our team for upcoming CG and Harmony productions!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Liaise between animators and the pipeline team to improve and maintain animation tools
- Discover and implement creative solutions for the artists that are within technical limits
- Troubleshoot technical problems and address challenges with Maya Characters, animation, and rendering tools throughout production
- Act as a technical advisor, looking out for potential problems or issues before they occur
- Optimize the artist’s capabilities through the usage of scripts and the development of tools
- Ensure that the solutions provided continue to work as intended
- Attend department meetings as required
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in fine arts, computer science or equivalent experience required.
- Experience using Maya or Harmony as a Technical Artist/TD is an asset
- Ability to program using Python
- Ability to write code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development is an asset.
- Previous experience in the animation industry is an asset
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada, BC residents preferred
START DATE: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio/Demo Reel and/or Website URL.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.