Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Since its inception over 18 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced senior CG MODELER to join the crew on our next very exciting CG production!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and maintain 3D models for use in production
- Texture and shade 3D models using Photoshop, Substance Painter and/or Zbrush
- Work with Modeling Supervisor and Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including modeling, lighting, compositing ad design
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- Industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) an asset
- Knowledge of Maya animation tools props
- Knowledge of various renderers like Renderman, Vray and Arnold
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of dynamics, and/or rigging a plus
- Ability to provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor lesser experienced team members
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio
START DATE: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Demo Reel and/or Website.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.