Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Since its inception almost 18 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
LEAD TEXTURE/SURFACING ARTIST
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-organized and experienced TEXTURE/SURFACING ARTIST who wants to lead and mentor our texture team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Texture and shade 3D models using Photoshop, Substance Painter and/or Zbrush
- Work with Modeling Supervisor and Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the
- Share ideas. collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including
- modeling, lighting, compositing ad design
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of Industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects)
- Knowledge of Maya animation tools props
- Knowledge of various renderers like Renderman, Vray and Arnold
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Ability to provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor lesser
- experienced team members
- Knowledge of dynamics, and/or rigging a plus
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio
- Able to legally work in Canada
- Must be a current B.C. resident and work in-house
START DATE: TBA 2017
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio/Demo Reel and/or Website URL.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.