Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Since its inception over 18 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
We are seeking a mid-level CG Generalist to work on a live-action show doing CG recreations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for all CG aspects required
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Science, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of 3D disciplines (lighting, texturing, modeling, animation, rendering, rigging and compositing)
- Strong eye and inherent instincts for camera placement and coverage to make mundane scenes feel kinetic and energetic
- Expert knowledge of 3D pipelines and software packages such as Maya, RenderMan Nuke
- Must be able to work alone with minimal supervision
- Be comfortable being a generalist and completing an entire shot from start to finish
- Experience with Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing an asset
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio
- Able to legally work in Canada
- Must be a current B.C. resident and work in-house
START DATE: TBA 2017
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio/Demo Reel and/or Website URL.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.