Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Since its inception over 19 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
- Junior CG Modeler -
A Junior CG Modeler works with the Modeling Lead or Supervisor & Look Development Lead or Supervisor to carry out all the technical and creative needs to construct the appearance for CG assets for a particular project. This is also a support role to deal with various tasks needed on the front end of the production.The Junior CD Modeler should be able to use a variety of 3D applications to satisfy a production’s creative needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Create and maintain 3D models for use in production
• Able to UV and texture 3D models for use in production
• Work with and support the needs of the Modeling Supervisor, Look Development Supervisor and Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production
• Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with production departments including modeling, lighting, compositing and design
• Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
• Be current and familiar with new techniques, tools and other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
• Industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) an asset
• Knowledge of Maya
• Knowledge of Zbrush or Mudbox a plus
• Knowledge of Shading and Renderman a plus
• Knowledge of 3D paint packages such as Mari and/or Substance Painter
• Knowledge of Photoshop
• Linux operating system experience a plus
• Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas
• Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement
• Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of dynamics and/or rigging is a plus
• Must be a current B.C. resident
• Must be able to work in-house at our Vancouver studio
• Must be able to legally work in Canada
START DATE: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio/Demo Reel and/or Website URL.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.