Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver's busy Animation District. Since its inception almost 19 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
- Lead CG Modeler -
This role is for a Lead CG Modeler with very strong modelling skills. This person will be involved in helping to create hard surface and organic models and in some cases quick UV’s . Qualified candidates must have proven experience in production environments, demonstrating an ability to create complex and accurate models from 2D reference or scan data.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Create show style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project(s)
• Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed
• Proactive, collaborative and passionate
• Be able to take constructive feedback from supervisors and directors and deliver those changes in an efficient and timely manner
• Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
• Work closely with the Riggers in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
• Be up to date and familiar with new techniques, tools and other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
• 5+ years of Industry experience (Animation and/or Visual Effects)
• Proficient in Maya, Zbrush and/ or Mudbox
• Knowledge of other skills such as texturing/ shading, rendering or rigging a plus
• Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement
• Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
• Work with the supervisor of a show to accomplish the art direction goals and integrate solutions into production pipeline.
• Lead team members in determining various design and technical solutions; provide feedback to other team members of the production.
• Work with your team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
• Provide assistance for technical art issues that arise within the pipeline
• Mentor artists on the team
• Keep other supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues.
• Exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Linux operating system experience a plus
• Experience with Python scripting a plus.
• Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset
• Must be able to legally work in Canada.
• Must be able to work in-house at our Vancouver studio
START DATE: Fall 2018
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio/Demo Reel and/or Website URL.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.